Wildfires continue to wreak havoc across California, Oregon, and Washington, threatening homes, businesses, and lives all along the West coast while destroying thousands of acres of forest.
To help combat this threat, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you find a way to assist those in need and stop this devastating trend of wildfires:
- The Red Cross is providing meals, shelter, and support to those affected. You can donate here or sign up to volunteer here.
- The Wildland Firefighter Foundation provides financial assistance to families of firefighters who died or were injured in the line of duty. You can donate here.
- Open Homes by Airbnb matches hosts with disaster victims and relief workers in need of a place to stay. You can sign up here to provide a free space.
- VOTE! Your voice and your vote matter. Register to vote and learn about your 2020 candidates here through REI’s Gear Up to Vote campaign.
- The California Community Foundation has created a fund to support relief and recovery in affected areas. You can donate here.
- The California Fire Foundation provides immediate short-term relief to those affected by providing gift cards to purchase necessities. You can donate here.
- Red Rover provides urgent care and boarding for pets affected by natural disasters, and helps reunite lost pets wit their owners. You can donate here.
- The Latino Community Foundation is providing assistance to Latino-led organizations that are helping Latino and immigrant families who have been displaced by the fires. You can donate here.
- Save the Children is providing emergency supplies to children and families in affected areas, including air purifying fans to combat poor air quality. You can donate here.